Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/sun-dried-tomato-balsamic-shrimp-pasta/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Balsamic Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Balsamic Shrimp & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta is a flavorful 15-minute dinner you’ll crave! A dangerously delicious combination or the best idea ever?!
- 1 pound short pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- Fresh or dried parsley, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until pink and cooked through. Remove shrimp to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining balsamic dressing, sun-dried tomato pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, garlic powder, and pepper to the same skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce is simmering. Stir often. Once the cream cheese is melted and sauce thickens slightly it's ready.
- Add the pasta to the skillet. Stir to coat pasta in the sauce. Stir in Parmesan cheese and shrimp and stir to combine.
- Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl or divide into individual dinner bowls. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
You can use any short past you like. I prefer campanelle for this recipe.
I like to buy a medium to large-sized shrimp (31/35 or 34/40) for this recipe so there's lots of shrimp in every bite. But any size shrimp will work as long as there is 1 pound.
Loading nutrition data...