Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/spiked-hibiscus-lemonade/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Our Spiked Hibiscus Lemonade everything I love about serving a cocktail to guests. It's simple, delicious & absolutely gorgeous!
- 6 or 7 dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 ounces good vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup, if you like your cocktails sweeter
- Lemonade (homemade or store-bought)
- Place the hibiscus flowers into the hot water. Use a spoon to submerge the flowers and let them steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally to help release the pigment and flavor.
- Use your spoon to remove the flowers from the water, reserving two flowers for garnish.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice. Place a flower on top of each glass.
- Pour 1¼ ounces of vodka and ¾ ounce simple syrup into each glass. Fill almost to the top with lemonade.
- Pour the hibiscus tea over the ice and let it bleed into the cocktail.
- Serve as is, or give the cocktail a quick stir to distribute the tea.
Simple Syrup: Simmer together ½ cup water + 1 cup sugar in a <g class="gr_ gr_54 gr-alert gr_spell undefined ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="54" data-gr-id="54">sauce pan</g> over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool.
Loading nutrition data...