Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/romesco-sauce/
© 2015 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
- 1 red bell pepper, stem removed, ribbed & seeded
- 1 plum tomato, stem removed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 tablespoons sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the bell pepper into quarters and cut the tomato in half. Place the pepper, tomato, and garlic in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Use your hands to coat everything the the oil and spice.
- Place the pepper, tomato, and garlic on a baking sheet and roast for 20 to 23 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a cutting board. Using a sharp chef's knife, finely chop the roasted vegetables and pistachios together. (Don't use a food processor!)
- Place the sauce in a bowl. Add the vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
Sherry cooking wine is NOT the same as sherry vinegar. Trust me, I tried. It's not.
I've made this sauce with and without pistachios. It's good either way. You can also substitute almonds or hazelnuts if desired.