Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/roasted-cabbage-bacon/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Roasted Cabbage with Bacon
Roasted Cabbage with Bacon is an easy side dish that's perfect alongside corned beef!
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Cut the cabbage head into 1-inch slices. I got 3 large slices and 2 mini slices from my cabbage, but you can get 4 slices (2 large & 2 medium) if you plan better than I did.
- Lay the cabbage slices flat on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the top of each slice with some olive oil and then sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the cabbage.
- Lay the bacon pieces over the tops of the cabbage slices so that the entire top is covered.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cabbage is tender, the outermost leaves have charred a little, and the bacon is crispy. (If you need to crisp up the bacon a little more, turn your oven to broil on HIGH for a couple minutes. Just be sure to watch things so the bacon doesn't burn.)
- Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven. Plate the cabbage and serve immediately.
I like the bacon pieces to be small so when everything is done I can transfer the cabbage immediately to a serving plate. If you want to cut the bacon strips in half and lay those pieces over the cabbage that's fine. You'll just have strips of bacon when the cooking is done. You can serve the strips along the cabbage or chop them and sprinkle over the top.
If you prefer to make this recipe without bacon, a couple minced garlic cloves sprinkled over the top of the cabbage with the salt and pepper is a great option.