Posted by Julie Kotzbachhttps://breadboozebacon.com/pizza-muffins/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Sure to please the pickiest of eaters (even mine), this Pizza Muffin recipe is a quick & easy mom win! And they can be made to order with your favorite pizza toppings.
recipe Homemade Pizza Dough (or store-bought pizza dough)
tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
teaspoon dried basil
teaspoon garlic powder
cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Your favorite pizza/pasta sauce
Crushed Pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Stir together melted butter, basil, and garlic powder; set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a flat surface so it is about 15" x 12". Using a pastry brush, coat the raw dough evenly with butter mixture. Top dough with cheese, and any other desired toppings.
- Roll long side of dough carefully until you make a log. Using a serrated knife, trim the edges of the dough log off so you're down to where the filling is. Cut the log into 12 equal pieces.
- Place each log piece into a muffin tin cup. Press gently to fill the bottom of the cup a little more than the dough does on its own.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and cheese bubbles a little.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes, or until you are able to safely remove pizza muffins from the tin. Serve with your favorite pizza sauce for dipping.
You can make these muffins with any of your favorite pizza toppings. The smaller the toppings, the better for rolling. (ie. dice your mushrooms and larger vegetables.)