Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/pesto-mashed-potatoes/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
One bite of these creamy, flavorful Pesto Mashed Potatoes and you'll be hooked!
- 6 or 7 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large pot ¾ of the way full with water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- While the water boils, peel the potatoes, rinse them, and cut each potato into ½-inch cubes.
- Add the potatoes to the boiling water. Once the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Stir the potatoes occasionally and cook until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot.
- Add the butter and use a potato masher to break up the potatoes and incorporate the butter.
- Pour in half of the milk, and use the potato masher to incorporate the milk into the potatoes. (You want the potatoes mostly smooth with some small lumps.)
- Pour in the rest of the milk and use a wooden spoon to incorporate the milk into the potatoes until smooth.
- Add in the pesto and Parmesan cheese. Stir until well combined and the cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and mix to combine.
- Cover to keep warm or serve immediately.
Loading nutrition data...