Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/orange-vanilla-icebox-cake/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Orange Vanilla Icebox Cake
Orange Vanilla Icebox Cake tastes just like your favorite creamsicle popsicle! It's a no-bake dessert that's perfect for summer!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Two 11 ounce can of mandarin orange slices, drained
- 64 vanilla wafer cookies (about 1 box)
- Zest of 1 orange, for garnish
- 1 orange slice, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until medium peaks form, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the mandarin orange slices on a cutting board and rough chop them into small pieces.
- Layer two paper towels on top of each other and place the oranges on top. Wrap up the orange pieces and gently press to soak up any extra juice into the paper towels.
- Add the orange pieces to the whipped cream, and gently fold the oranges into the whipped cream.
- Using a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish, create a layer of vanilla wafers in the bottom of the dish. (I was able to fit 16 cookies per layer) Place ¼ of the whipped cream on top of the cookies and use the back of a spoon of a rubber spatula to spread the whipped cream into an even layer.
- Repeat the cookie and whipped cream layering three more times, ending with whipped cream on top.
- Cut a slit in the orange slice and twist it once. place the twisted orange in the center of the dessert. Sprinkle the orange zest all over the top of the whipped cream. (You could also reserve 4 mandarin oranges and place them in the center of the whipped cream in a starburst.)
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Cut the icebox cake into the desired number of servings. For large portions, cut the cake into quarters. I cut mine into 9 portions and it was perfect for little after dinner treat.
Loading nutrition data...