Lemon Pepper Tuna Toasts are a delicious and bright summer snack perfect for a light lunch or your next party! Your guests will come back for seconds!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
We’re total tuna eaters in my house. Well, at least Mike and I are. I’m still trying to get the boys of chicken nuggets and corn dogs. I always have a few cans hanging out in the pantry because you never know when you’ll get the craving for a tuna sandwich. But tuna has stepped up its game and has a whole lots more to offer than it ever did before. I’m talking yummy new flavors from Bumble Bee Tuna to take your sandwich, dinner, or party apps to a fun new place!
Last week I went shopping and stopped to grab our usual cans of tuna (we were running low). Then some colored cans caught my eye. I saw Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley Bowls in Lemon & Pepper and Spicy Thai Chili flavors, and I got curious. Lemon and fish totally go together and the wheels in my head started turning. And now here we are with a light summer appetizer you can make in a flash, perfect for unexpected company! Replacing your standard tuna sandwich mayo with low-fat ricotta works perfectly with the flavors in the tuna!
I can’t wait to hunt down the sundried tomato & basil flavor tuna to make it into a caprese tuna sandwich. You can find more tuna flavors from Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna packs too. Break out of the tuna rut, try something new, and discover a whole new way to enjoy fish!
- 1 can Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley Bowl Lemon & Pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Melba toasts or thin slices of baguette, toasted
- 1 lemon, and an extra one if needed
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta and basil until well combined.
- Place toasts on a serving platter.
- Open the tuna and transfer it to a small bowl. Use a fork to fluff the tuna into smaller pieces.
- Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly on each toast.
- Use a spoon to top the ricotta with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon tuna.
- Use a microplane to zest your lemon over the tuna to give some extra fresh lemon flavor.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.