Lemon Pepper Tuna Toasts are a delicious and bright summer snack perfect for a light lunch or your next party! Your guests will come back for seconds!
We’re total tuna eaters in my house. Well, at least Mike and I are. I’m still trying to get the boys of chicken nuggets and corn dogs. I always have a few cans hanging out in the pantry because you never know when you’ll get the craving for a tuna sandwich. But tuna has stepped up its game and has a whole lots more to offer than it ever did before. I’m talking yummy new flavors from Bumble Bee Tuna to take your sandwich, dinner, or party apps to a fun new place!
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
Last week I went shopping and stopped to grab our usual cans of tuna (we were running low). Then some colored cans caught my eye. I saw Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley Bowls in Lemon & Pepper and Spicy Thai Chili flavors, and I got curious. Lemon and fish totally go together and the wheels in my head started turning. And now here we are with a light summer appetizer you can make in a flash, perfect for unexpected company! Replacing your standard tuna sandwich mayo with low-fat ricotta works perfectly with the flavors in the tuna!
I can’t wait to hunt down the sundried tomato & basil flavor tuna to make it into a caprese tuna sandwich. You can find more tuna flavors from Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Albacore Tuna packs too. Break out of the tuna rut, try something new, and discover a whole new way to enjoy fish!
- 1 can Bumble Bee Sensations® Seasoned Tuna Medley Bowl Lemon & Pepper
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Melba toasts or thin slices of baguette, toasted
- 1 lemon, and an extra one if needed
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta and basil until well combined.
- Place toasts on a serving platter.
- Open the tuna and transfer it to a small bowl. Use a fork to fluff the tuna into smaller pieces.
- Spread 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly on each toast.
- Use a spoon to top the ricotta with 1/2 to 1 tablespoon tuna.
- Use a microplane to zest your lemon over the tuna to give some extra fresh lemon flavor.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve immediately.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.