Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/irish-eyes-creme-de-menthe-jello-shots/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Irish Eyes Creme de Menthe Jello Shots
1 hour 30 mins
Irish Eyes Creme de Menthe Jello Shots are a delicious cocktail turned party favorite that's perfect for everything from St. Patrick's Day to Christmas!
- 1 tablespoons (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons green creme de menthe
- 1/2 cup Irish whiskey (like Tullamore DEW)
- 10 to 12 maraschino cherries with stems, optional
- 10 to 12 two ounce plastic ramekins
- Add gelatin powder to a small mixing bowl. Pour cold water of the powder and stir once to combine. Let sit until gelatin is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, heat the half-and-half in a small saucepan over medium high heat until hot, but not bubbling.
- Pour the hot liquid over the gelatin while whisking. Stir until the gelatin has melted.
- Whisk in the sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the whiskey and creme de menthe.
- Pour jello into each of the plastic ramekins until almost to the top, but not quite.
- Chill for 20 to 30 minutes until the jello begins to set up a little. Add a cherry to each ramekin, and chill until the jello is completely set, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
If you don't want the cherry juice to bleed into the shots, rinse and dry them before putting them in your shots.
If you want your cherry stems to stand up, you can place a piece of foil over the top of your ramekins, poke a hole in the foil over the center of each ramekin, and then pull the cherry stem through each hole. It's some work, let me tell you. Option B is to use stemless cherries. 🙂
Loading nutrition data...