Gnocchi Shrimp Scampi is a sumptuous restaurant-style dish you can make at home in about 10 minutes! It’s an easy dish to make for those busy evenings!
I love cooking seafood for my family! And I’m not just talking about Fish Friday, I’m happy cooking seafood any night of the week. We love everything from salmon to scallops to shrimp, but shrimp is my favorite, go-to seafood. All that protein and B-12, love it! And did you know most Americans aren’t getting enough seafood in their diets?! Like by almost half each week. Well, I’m fixing that one meal at a time in our house.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? PIN IT FOR LATER!
Follow Bread Booze Bacon on Pinterest
The thing I like best about making seafood for dinner is how quick and easy it is. Dinner is usually on the table in 20 minutes or less, which is magical on nights where we’re all running around with homework, band practice, or karate.
I feel like I always have frozen shrimp hanging out in our freezer. It’s the same thing I’d get from the meat counter, only it’s conveniently portion packaged for me already. And this SeaPak Shrimp & Seafood Co. Shrimp Scampi, oh my gosh you guys. I was a little skeptical at first because shrimp scampi if my absolute favorite and how good could the sauce really be. Forget that noise! This shrimp scampi is the jam! It’s totally full of that rich, buttery, crazy garlicky flavor I adore! It’s like I’m back on the pier, eating at the local fish joint. Love love love.
Since we were having the shrimp scampi as a main course, I rounded out the sauce flavors with some lemon juice, white wine, and cream. You guys, it was SO good! Mike loved it, I loved it. It was wonderful…and ready in under 10 minutes! Ahahaha! #dinnerwin We served our dinner up with a salad and some crusty bread. You’ve got to have bread to dip and soak up all that extra sauce. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! This Gnocchi Shrimp Scampi is now a staple in my seafood dinner rotation and I hope it will be for you too!
To make your meals even more fantastic, be sure to enter SeaPak’s Seafood Sweepstakes for a chance to go to New York City for a culinary lesson with Food Network Kitchens!! How crazy awesome would that be?! I want to win!!!
You can find more delicious dinner ideas like this one on the SeaPak webite, Facebook Page, Pinterest, and Instagram!
Gnocchi Shrimp Scampi
- 1 package SeaPak Shrimp Scampi prepared according to package directions
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 1 large lemon cut in half
- 1 tablespoon white wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil. Once boiling, add the gnocchi and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gnocchi floats.
- While the water is boiling, add the Shrimp Scampi to a large skillet, and prepare according to package instructions - over medium high heat for 7 to 8 minutes. Stir occasionally and flip the shrimp once half way through cooking.
- When the shrimp is mostly pink, about 5 to 6 minutes into cooking, add the juice of 1/2 of the lemon (about 1 tablespoon), white wine, and heavy cream to the skillet. Stir to combine and finish cooking the shrimp.
- Once the gnocchi are cooked through, drain them and immediately add the gnocchi to the skillet with the shrimp and sauce.
- Stir in the gnocchi to coat them with the sauce.
- Cut the remaining lemon half into thin slices.
- If presenting this dish family style, add a few lemon slices & parsley to the skillet and serve immediately. If presenting single servings, portion the gnocchi, shrimp, and sauce onto plates and garnish with a lemon slice and parsley.
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of SeaPak. The opinions and text are all mine.