Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/cinnamon-raisin-bread-recipe/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe
1 hour 25 mins
This Cinnamon Raisin Bread Recipe is home-baked goodness at it's finest!
- 1 cup 2% milk, warmed (between 100-105 degrees F)
- Two 0.25 ounce packets dry active yeast
- 6 cups to 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pour cold milk into a measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute. Test to make sure to milk to warmed to 100-105 degrees F. (The milk should feel quite warm, but not hot.)
- Add the yeast to the milk and stir to combine. Set aside for a couple minutes while you grab the rest of the ingredients to let the yeast bloom.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine 4 cups of flour with the sugar and salt. Pour in the milk/yeast mixture and water; mix until just combined. Add the eggs and mix to combine. The dough will look WAY too wet right now. That's okay.
- Add 2 more cups of flour to the dough. Mix until a ball begins to form. Add more flour ¼ cup at a time as needed until the dough isn't crazy sticky and pulls away from the bowl.
- Add in the raisins and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.Sprinkle the dough with flour as needed and knead for 2 minutes.
- Grease a large mixing bowl with a light coat of butter or non-stick cooking spray. Place the dough into the bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let the dough sit on your kitchen counter for 1 hour, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Gently punch down the dough and then divide in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an 18-inch x 9-inch rectangle.
- Brush about ½ of the melted butter over the dough.
- In a bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough.
- Starting with the 9-inch end, roll up the dough until your reach the other side. Use your fingers to pinch the seam closed. Tuck the ends under the bottom side a bit, and place the loaf into a buttered loaf pan. Brush the top of the loaf with melted butter.
- Repeat with the other half of the dough. Cover the loaves with a tea towel and let sit for 1 hour until the dough doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Bake the loaves for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the bread is a deep golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let on a wire rack.
Loading nutrition data...