Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/chocolate-croissant-bread-pudding/
© 2018 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding
Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding is a rich and decadent dessert that everyone loves and it’s so easy to make! Great for brunch or an after dinner treat!
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups milk (2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 croissants, torn into 1″ pieces (or 9 mini-croissants)
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg until combined.
- Add croissant pieces to the bowl and use a wooden spoon to stir everything together. Make sure all of the bread pieces are moistened.
- Add almost all of the chocolate chips to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into your prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the bread pudding with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the pudding has set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If the bread starts to brown too much, loosely cover the baking dish with foil.)
- Serve warm or at room temperature. This bread pudding is really good with a little Crème Anglaise or vanilla ice cream on top too.
Loading nutrition data...