Posted by Julie Kotzbachhttps://breadboozebacon.com/chicken-taco-cups/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Chicken Taco Cups are an easy to make appetizer that disappears as fast as you can make them!
medium-sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
tablespoons taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
cans refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 rolls per can)
cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
cup sour cream
Roma tomato, seeded and finely diced
green onions, whites removed and thinly sliced
- Lay the chicken breasts flat on a plate or cutting board. Season each side of the chicken with half of the taco seasoning.
- Cook to chicken breasts in a large skillet over medium-high heat or grill until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 4 minutes per side. Set the chicken on a cutting board to rest.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 16 muffin tin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open one of the crescent roll containers. Roll out the dough, but do not separate the triangles. Instead, separate each roll of dough into 4 rectangles. Use your fingers to pinch together the seam that runs diagonally down each rectangle. Use a sharp knife to cut each rectangle in half so you have 2 squares.
- Place one dough square in each muffin tin cup, gently pressing down on the dough so it shapes to the cup and there are no air bubbles under the dough. Repeat with the remaining can of dough. Set aside.
- Finely dice the chicken breasts. You want the piece to be smaller than bite-sized. Place the diced chicken in a medium mixing bowl. To the same bowl add ½ cup of cheese along with the salsa and sour cream. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture into each dough cup.
- Bake the cups for 11-13 minutes, or until the chicken mixture is melt and the dough is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the muffin tin from the oven. Immediately sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the tops of each taco cup. Let me cups sit for a minute or two until the cheese melts.
- Once the cheese is melted, use a butter knife to help free the taco cups from the muffin tin and transfer them to a serving platter.
- Top each taco cup with some of the diced tomatoes and green onions. Serve immediately.
You can change out the tomato & green onion topping for avocado, olives, lettuce, more salsa, or anything else you like to put on your tacos.