Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/charlie-brown-marshmallow-pops/
© 2015 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Charlie Brown Marshmallow Pops
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 ounce package yellow candy melts
- Chocolate frosting (store bought or homemade)
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Piping bag
- #3 piping tip + coupler
- Fill a bowl with rice or popcorn kernels to have a steady place for the marshmallow pops to be inserted into while setting up. Alternatively, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Sil-Pat. This second method may create a little "foot" around the bottom, but if you don't mind I don't mind..
- Place the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute of 50% power. Stir. Heat again for 1 minute at 50% power and stir until candy will no longer melt.. Repeat until the candy melts are completely melted and smooth.
- Dip one end of a lollipop stick into the candy melts and then insert it into the flat end of a marshmallow until it the stick is well into the marshmallow. (Don't let it poke out the other side, but make sure it's good and in there.)
- Dip the marshmallow into the candy melts, using a spoon to completely over the marshmallow in candy. Lift the marshmallow and tap the lollipop stick on the side of the bowl to help remove the excess candy. Insert the lollipop stick into the bowl of rice to hold the pop upright. (Or place the pop, marshmallow down, on your prepared baking sheet.) Repeat with the remaining pops. If the candy starts to thicken too much, heat it for 20 seconds at full power and stir.
- Transfer the pops to the refrigerator for 5 minutes to set the candy.
- While the candy sets, fit your piping bag with a coupler and piping tip. Fill the bag with dark chocolate frosting and squeeze the frosting down toward the tip to remove any air bubbles.
- Remove the pops from the fridge, and one at a time create the signature Charlie Brown zig-zag line around the middle of the pops with your frosting. While you pipe, use the lollipop stick to rotate the pop so you can keep piping all the way around in one shot.
- Return the pop to the bowl, and repeat the frosting on each remaining pop. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made a half batch of chocolate frosting to decorate, and had WAY more than I needed for 12 pops. So plan on making some cupcakes or something to go with the frosting. Or eat it with I spoon. I won't judge.
Loading nutrition data...