Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/caramel-chocolate-chip-bread-pudding/
© 2016 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Caramel Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding for Two
Caramel Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding for Two are little cups of deliciousness perfect for a date night in or when you don't want an entire cake staring you down...begging to be eaten!
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons caramel sauce, plus extra fro garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups 2-day old baguette (or crusty bread), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, plus extra fro garnish
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, brown sugar, sugar, caramel sauce, vanilla, and salt until evenly combined.
- Using two 3 cup ramekins, portion ¼ of the bread into each of the ramekins (filling them each about half way full). Sprinkle ½ tablespoon of chocolate chips over the bread in each ramekin. Divide the remaining bread between each ramekin.
- Pour half the milk mixture into each of the ramekins over the bread. (You might have some of the milk mixture left over. The milk mixture should reach the top edge of the dish.) Using your finger tips, gently press the bread into the milk to help it soak up the liquid.
- Divide the rest of the chocolate chips over the top of the pudding in each ramekin.
- Place the dishes on a baking sheet, in case the pudding bubbles over. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven. Spoon more caramel sauce over the warm pudding, to taste. Serve warm.
- If you want to take your dessert up a notch, top with a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with even more caramel, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Loading nutrition data...