Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/bourbon-bacon-pecan-pie/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
This Bourbon Bacon Pecan Pie is absolute bliss! A boozy, sweet, and salty dessert any good Southerner will adore!
- One 9-inch pie crust (homemade or store-bought)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons good bourbon (I used Maker's Mark)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a pie plate with the uncooked pie crust. Carefully fit the crust to the pan and trim off any excess crust hanging over the end. Decorate the edge of the pie if desired. Use a fork to poke holes in the bottom and sides of the crust. Par-bake the crust fro 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and corn syrup until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Place half of the pecans into the bottom of the pie crust. Sprinkle ½ of the bacon over the nuts. Repeat the nut & bacon layers. Pour the pie filling into the crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes. If the crust begins to brown too much, place some foil or a pie crust protector over the crust. The pie is done when a knife inserted in the center comes out almost clean (a little goo is fine).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. The pie will set up a little more as it cools.
- Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
To save prep time, I usually cook the bacon in the oven while par-baking the crust and while I mix up the filling.
Loading nutrition data...