Blog consultations are $75 per hour and include a phone call or video call and 1 follow up email.
Julie is a seasoned blogger with 5 years of blogging, 3 websites, and numerous blog designs under her belt in addition to freelance work for other bloggers.
Consultation Tracks Available:
- Finding the right WordPress child theme for you – You’ve found some WordPress child themes you’re interested in for your site, but you’re not ready to pull the trigger. Let’s take a deep dive into 3-4 child themes you’re considering for your site and determine the one that will work best for you. We’ll look at your blog topics, homepage layout options, determine a visually appealing way to showcase everything your content and information to your readers, and leave you with a visualized plan for you blog layout.
- Define your brand elements – Finding your brand is not an easy thing to do. You have to look within and find what speaks to you on a visceral level. Julie can help you take your ideas and inspirations and help you turn them into viable branding that will work online and in print.
- Define your blog topics & how to organize – You’ve decided to start a blog, but you’re not 100% sure about the focus on how to make things easy to find for your readers. We’ll determine what you’re truly passionate about writing about (which isn’t always the same thing as topics you like) and help you define an organization hierarchy for your site categories and tags that are relevant to your content, your readers, and that you can use to build SEO.
- WordPress basics – Feeling overwhelmed by your blog’s new home? Let’s make you the master of your domain…literally! We do recommend our 10 Steps to Getting Started on WordPress as a place to start and get your feet wet, but if you like a one-on-one approach where you can ask questions and work through your WordPress dashboard with a seasoned professional along side, we’re here!
- Blog Mentoring – Julie has a lot of experience in a variety of topics and is happy to offer tips, tricks, and insight into how to build & grow your blog. She currently runs 2 food blogs, this site, and is the managing editor of a 20+ person writing team for a large lifestyle website. She has also worked as a freelance virtual assistant (VA), social media manager, and website administrator outside of her own family of sites.