Posted by https://breadboozebacon.com/apple-raisin-breakfast-casserole/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole
Apple Raisin Breakfast Casserole is full of delicious morning flavors that'll have everyone asking for seconds!
- 6 strips bacon, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 6 to 7 cups cinnamon raisin bread (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon to the hot skillet and cook until crispy, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and milk.
- Slice the bread into ½-inch cubes and place in the mixing bowl.
- Core the apples and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the mixing bowl along with almost all of the bacon and raisins, if desired.
- Use a wooden spoon to mix everything together, making sure all of the bread is coated in the egg mixture.
- Pour into a 9-inch by 13-inch casserole dish or lasagna pan (with high sides) and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining bacon on top.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Do this after you combine everything so the casserole ingredients can marry a bit before baking.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the casserole is set and golden on top.
- Carefully remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Since there are lots of raisins in the bread, it's your choice to add extra raisins into the casserole.
Loading nutrition data...