Christmas shopping is hard! The older I get the harder it is to shop for family members that aren’t kids. But this year, I’m helping make things easier for you with my favorite 10 Stocking Stuffers for Foodies. These items are all tools and goodies I use regularly in my own kitchen and they’re must have items for any cook. The best part is that you can fit them in your favorite foodie’s stocking! Grab a couple or grab them all and make this Christmas extra special!
1. Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer – I went for years without one of these thermometers and passed over lots of recipes because of it. This thermometer is perfect for making everything from Salted Butter Rum Caramels to Elvis Bacon Bites . You’ll always know you have the right temperature!
3. Fun Kitchen Towels – You can never have enough kitchen towels! While season options are fun, a year-round “OMG! They get me!” present like this is always a winner. These fun towels are perfect for co-workers, best, friends, or your hunny.
4. Ice Cream Scoop Set – This make say “ice cream” but these scoops are for everything! From portioning cookie dough to cupcake batter, these little guys are one of my go-to kitchen tools!
5. Microplane – If I could give everyone in the world a Microplane I would. I’ve bought one for countless friends and no kitchen should be without one! Grate fresh nutmeg or cinnamon over your cocoa. Grate parmesan cheese over #allthethings. Zest citrus for a bright burst of flavor. You’ll wonder how you ever got along without a Microplane!
6. Sil-Pat – I have three, let’s start there. Sil-Pats are the best! No more cooking spray or parchment paper or cooking spray on your baking sheets. Just pop one of these bad boys down and you are in business! I use them to bake cookies, roast sweet potatoes, cook chicken nuggets for the kids. They make clean up SO easy and nothing sticks. N.o.t.h.i.n.g.
7. Shredder Claws Handler Set – These claws are totally awesome. Yes, I know you could use two forks to shred your meat, but they get clogged up every 30 seconds and you have to stop and clean the tines and start again. With these claws, you’ll shred like a pro. Besides, who wouldn’t want to look like Wolverine in the kitchen?
8. Cocktails for the Four Seasons – Okay, so this one is for the drinkers out there. This pocket-sized cocktail book is from the authors of one of my favorite blogs, Spoon Fork Bacon. There are delicious drinks for any season and it’s the perfect companion to any bar!
9. Spatulas – Never underestimate a great set of rubber spatulas. A variety of sizes and ends isn’t a bad idea either. I adore the OXO set I got a few years ago, and would recommend the to anyone that loves to cook or bake!
10. Food Network Magazine Subscription – Any foodie needs a little inspiration sometimes and what better way to hook them up than a magazine subscription? For the stocking, you can include a little card with a note telling them when to expect the first installment. Or you can do what I do and stick the latest copy (from the newsstand) in their stocking with a post-it note telling your giftee about their new subscription. I’m all about instant gratification
I love love love all these goodies! You may even need to buy a bigger stocking so you can fit them all in! Go big or go homes kids!!