The Kristy Kringle is a party maker that’s full of fresh flavors, and will keep you warm all winter long!
The holidays basically scream, “Give me a cocktail!” Whether it’s an office party (AKA Saturday night at our house), a family get together, or an ugly Christmas sweater party with friends, having a great drink is a must. This cocktail is one of those drinks. It has a great combination of flavors and you can make a big batch so you can just pour and serve instead of shaking to order. Love that!
So the name. My super amazing blogger friend Kristy from She Eats has this cocktail called Kristy’s Cold Weather Vodka Cocktail. (Say that 3 times fast.) I got hooked up with Kristy years ago in a blog recipe exchange group and made this drink. It was awesome, but OMG way too much to spit out every time I talked about it. So I took matters into my own hands and gave Kristy’s cocktail a holiday themed makeover, and here we are drinking Kristy Kringles! LOVE YOU MAMA!!
- ¼ of a Gala apple
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and sliced super thin
- 3 ounces good vodka
- 1 ounce Gran Marnier
- Juice of ½ lime
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 thin slices of Gala apple or 2 cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Pour onto a small plate and spread into an even layer at least as wide as the opening of your glass.
- Cut a slit in one of the apple pieces and run the fruit around the rim or two rocks glasses. Dip the rim of the glass into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Carefully fill the glass with ice (don't knock off the rim!) and set aside.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker muddle together the apple and ginger.
- Fill the shaker with ice, and add in the vodka, Gran Marnier, lime juice,orange juice, simple syrup, and water.
- Shake well until chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into your prepared glasses. Garnish with an apple slice or cinnamon stick.
You can garnish each cocktail with a cinnamon stick instead of an apple slice if you prefer.
Simple Syrup: Add ¾ cup water + ¾ cup sugar to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool. Makes 1 cup