Give your regular old cocktail a major facelift with Sage Simple Syrup!
There are so many different cocktails out there is the world. Ones that are classics and ones that are just begging to be dreamed up. One of my favorite ways to bring to new flavors into a drink is a flavored simple syrup. This Sage Simple Syrup is great for fall cocktails, or to give a little rustic feel to spring and summer drinks. I’m totally concocting a cake recipe with layers doused in this syrup. It’s gonna be amaze-balls.
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 sage leaves
- Mason jar, for storing
- In a medium sauce pan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring often. Cook until sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool completely.
- Transfer syrup to mason jar, and add sage leaves. Use a spoon to dunk the sage leaves in the syrup and get them coated.
- Cover the jar, and store on your counter for 2 to 3 days to infuse the herb's flavor.
- Remove sage leaves and get shakin'!