My Mom’s Famous Hot Wing Dip Recipe has been a family staple for years. Any time I go to a party, our friends ask for it!
The first I ever had this dip was at our son’s birthday party. My mom brought it to take some of the stress off my cooking list, LOVE her! I had a couple bites and become total obsessed. I didn’t share the leftovers and I was asking for the recipe the very next day. It’s at the top of my appetizer dip recipes list.
It’s been 4 years since that party, and I’m still obsessed with this dip. I make it all the time when we go to our friend Treena’s house for Ohio State football games. Heck if I ask what her what to bring other people chime in requesting it. This dip has a reputation. Make it. See the light. Thank me later.
- 16 ounces blue cheese dressing
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- Four 10 ounce cans chicken breast, drained
- 4 to 6 ounces Frank's hot sauce (or your favorite buffalo sauce)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt together blue cheese dressing and cream cheese. Stir often to prevent burning. Once smooth, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken and hot sauce until evenly coated.
- Spread the chicken mixture evenly in the bottom of a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the jack cheese over the cream cheese evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the top is golden and dip is bubbling. Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature. We like our dip with Wheat Thins.