Margarita Tequila Jello Shots are the perfect party starter for your next fiesta!
Unique jello shots are my favorite thing to bring to a party. They’re super easy to make and I can have them ready to go ahead of time. Since today is Cinco de Mayo, I couldn’t think of anything better to make for our little fiesta tonight than these Margarita Jello Shots. They go great along side your favorite burritos and tacos.
While these’s jello shots aren’t striking in color, they taste like your favorite margarita in a mini cup. The best things about these shots is that you can dress them up any way you like. Love strawberry? Add a couple tablespoons of fresh puree. Cadillac margaritas your fave? Use top shelf tequila and add 2 tablespoons of orange juice and 2 tablespoons of Gran Marnier. The possibilities are endless!
Need the right equipment?
- 1 tablespoon (1 envelope) unflavored gelatin powder
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup sweet and sour
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila
- Lime slices, for garnish
- 10 2-ounce plastic cups with lids
- Place the plastic cups in a baking dish or small baking sheet so they're easy to transport.
- In a small mixing bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over ¼ cup cold water, and allow the powder to soak in for 2 minutes.
- While whisking, pour the hot water into the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Add the sugar, and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the sweet and sour, lime juice, and tequila and stir to combine.
- Pour the jello mix into each of the plastic cups, filling them ¾ full.
- Transfer the jello shot to the refrigerator and chill until set, about 2 hours.
- Remove the shots from the fridge and top with a ¼ lime slice.
- Serve immediately or cover with a lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.