Posted by Julie Kotzbachhttp://breadboozebacon.com/huli-huli-chicken/
© 2017 Bread Booze Bacon. All rights reserved.
4 hours 5 mins
Huli Huli Chicken is a Hawaiian favorite! This marinated grilled chicken is SO delicious and made with a few kitchens staples!
pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 pieces)
cup pineapple juice
cup soy sauce
tablespoons brown sugar
tablespoons chicken broth
cloves garlic, minced
teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
teaspoon dry ground mustard
Thinly sliced green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Place the chicken thighs in a gallon-sized Ziploc bag.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, chicken broth, garlic, ginger, and mustard until combined.
- Pour ¾ of the sauce into the bag with the chicken. Cover and reserve the remaining sauce in the fridge.
- Close the Ziploc bag, being sure to remove excess air, and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours (up to 8 hours).
- Preheat your grill. Once hot, oil the grates.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes per side. Once both sides have been grilled, start basting the chicken with the reserved sauce. Continue to turn the chicken every 1-2 minutes, basting with each turn, until the chicken is no longer pink and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F (about 4 to 5 more minutes total).
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter. Sprinkle green onion over the chicken and serve immediately.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled for serving a large crowd