This is a Sponsored post written on behalf of Texas Pete. All opinions are 100% mine.
Spice up your next party with some Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix. It’s easy to make, has a kick of heat, and is seriously addicting!
I love snack mixes. I’m notorious for eating the mini Melba crackers out of the mix because they’re the best pieces! Even though the pre-mixed bags at the store are convenient, there’s nothing like a homemade batch. This time, I wanted to do something a little different with the flavor and give my snack mix some heat. I whipped up a batch of Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix with Texas Pete Hot Sauce and wow. Just wow.
Are you noticing those full sized Melba crackers in the mix…that’s on purpose. YUM! My snack mix, my favorite goodie full sized. I love a buffalo chicken dip too. Which got me thinking, there should totally be something cheesy in this snack mix! Cheese crackers became the obvious choice add-in. Bake in the heat, sprinkle some homemade ranch mix on top, and voila! You get all the seasonings at first and then the heat creeps up on you. And then you just want more. It’s SO GOOD! I totally dipped those big happy Melba crackers in some thick bleu cheese dressing. Heaven!
I promise this will become one of those dishes that everyone asks you to bring when you come over for a potluck game day get together. I think the Texas Pete Hot Sauce really made a difference in this recipe. Cause hot sauce isn’t just a condiment kids. It’s a great way to spice up sauces, pizzas, and more! You can find Texas Pete Hot Sauce at your local grocery store, and be sure to stop by the Texas Pete Hot Sauce recipes page for more awesome dish ideas!
- 3 cups mini pretzel twists
- 2 cups cheese crackers
- 2 ounces sea salt Melba crackers (about ½ a 5.25 ounce box)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Mix
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a Sil-Pat or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt together butter and Texas Pete Buffalo Wing Sauce over medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt. Whisk to combine.
- To a large mixing bowl add pretzels, cheese crackers, and Melba crackers. Pour wing sauce mixture over cracker mixture. Toss with a large spoon until crackers and pretzels are well coated. Let everything sit in the bowl for a couple minutes to soak up the sauce.
- Pour cracker mixture onto prepared baking sheet. Spread into an even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring once. After 30 minutes, stir the snack mix once more, and then sprinkle ranch mix over the top. Bake for 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl and eat. You could also serve ranch or bleu cheese dressing along side as a dip.