Bourbon BBQ Little Smokies are a flavorful appetizer that’s easy to make and oh so good!
Today we’re going big or going home. While these little smokies look pretty unassuming, they’re actually little flavor bombs just waiting to off in your mouth. Are you excited? Because you should be! These cocktail links are perfect for every kind of party out there. Backyard barbecue? Check. Holiday party with all your family? Check. Watching football? Check. You get the idea.
This recipe is super simple and combines classic flavors for the perfect sauce to bathe these little smokies in. Rich and sweet from the BBQ sauce and brown sugar with undertones of bourbon that’ll leave you looking for some bread to sop with the extra sauce with. I’m not kidding. When you make this, hide some for yourself because they’ll disappear almost immediately when you put them out for everyone to enjoy. And if you forget, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- ½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used a spicy honey BBQ sauce)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Frank's hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- Two 14-ounce packages little smokies cocktail links
- To a 2-quart slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, hot sauce, paprika, and ground mustard. Stir until well combined.
- Drain the little smokies links and add them to the crock pot. Stir everything together, making sure all the smokies links get coated.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Reduce heat to WARM until ready to serve.
- Stir the smokies links in the sauce. If serving from the slow cooker, recover the smokies links and you're done! If using a serving bowl, spoon the smokies links into the bowl and then spoon some of the sauce that gets left in the slow cooker over the smokies. Serve immediately.